Hi friends, I am back with a simple recipe after a long gap because little busy with my events and cake orders.. Please check my Facebook page (Vani's Creative Events) For further Details to placing orders as per customer wish... Call me - 9442256262, 8300086262.. or Mail me - firstname.lastname@example.org....
Come back to the recipe, Here I with a simple south indian poriyal with carrot and cabbage.. Which is easily available in the market around the year.. This is a simple stir fry recipe with little spiced and coconut, made for lunch with puli kuzhambu or vatha kuzhambu meals.. The combination of cabbage and carrot works very well...
So I hope that you must try this recipe and let me know it's comes out from you...
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 15 to 20 mins
Serve - 2
Recipe Cuisine - South Indian
Recipe Category - Sidedish for lunch
Cabbage - 1 cup (chopped)
Carrot - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tspn
Urad dal - 1/2 tspn
Onion - 1 (chopped)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tspn
Chilli powder - 1/2 tspn
Coconut - 5 tbspn (grated)
Water - 1/2 cup
Salt - as needed
Coconut oil - 1 1/2 tbspn
- First clean the carrot and cabbage and chop them finely..
- Heat a pan with oil and add in mustard, urad dal and all to sizzle..
- Then add in chopped onion and toss till transparent..
- Now add in chopped carrot and cabbage and toss it along with the onion..
- Just for 2 to 3 mins, and pour some water and cover the lid and cook well.
- When the veggies done, add in turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and mix well.
- Cook them in medium flame for 5 mins and add in fresh grated coconut and mix well.
- Transfer them to a serving bowl and serve hot..
Wash and chop the veggies
Heat a pan with coconut oil
Add in mustard and urad dal
Allow to sizzle
Add in chopped onion
Toss till transparent
Add in cabbage and carrot
Stir well with onions for 3 mins
Add in water
Cover it with lid and cook well
Now the veggies are done
Add in turmeric powder
Add some salt
Some chilli powder (as per your taste)
Mix it well till the raw smells goes
Now it done
Add in fresh coconut
Mix it well
Transfer them to a bowl