Saturday, March 5, 2016

Idli Upma Recipe / Recipe With Leftover Idlis


Idli Upma.... I love it like that.. Any upma is my favourite, but this is one easy and unique upma made from the leftover idlies... There must be a lot of variation in this idli upma, but this is one of the way i like.. But my kids didn't like this typeof recipe, he just ignore this.. First I tasted this recipe in my school days when I was 8th std, my friend gave me to taste this, that was yummy and delicious..


So ask my mom to make this but my mom makes it without carrot and but I don't like that simple version first, now I added carrots in all possible dishes, including this idli upma to make it little flavourful and colourful one.. 



Crumbling idli is simple and packed with flavours.... So I hope that you must try this recipe and let me know how it's turns out from you.....

Preaptaion time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
Serve - 2
Reipe source - Raks kitchen
Recipe category - Breakfast

INGREDIENTS :

Idli - 4 (leftover)
Onion - 1 large (chopped)
Green chilli - 3 (chopped)
Carrot - 1 small (finey chopped)
Ginger - 1 tspn (finely chopped)
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Salt - 2 pinches

TO TEMPER :

Coconut oil - 2 tbspn
Mustard - 1/2 tspn
Urad dal - 1/2 tspn
Channa dal - 1 tbspn
Curry leaves - few

METHOD :

  • Crumble the idli with your hands...
  • You can refridgerate the idlies, this will make your job easy as it wont stick in your finger...
  • Heat a pan with coconut oil and temper the items given in the list " TO TEMPER"..
  • Add in chopped onions and fry till transparent..
  • Now add in chopped ginger and chillies and toss for 1 mins..
  • Then add in a pinch of asafoetida and add in chopped carrot, salt..
  • Fry this for a mins.. Everything in medium flame without change it's colour..
  • Add the crumbled idlies and just toss for a minute untill its mixed well...
  • Serve hot... and enjoy..

PICTORIAL :


Take all your ingredients

Take your left over idlies
Crumble it with your hands
Like this
Heat a pan with coconut oil and add in mustard and urad dal
Allow to sizzle and add in channa dal
Now add in chopped onion 
Add in chopped ginger and green chillies
Little pinch of asafoetida
Toss well for a min
When it became transparent
Add in carrot 
Add a pinch of salt
Toss it in medium flame 
Now add in crumbled idlies
Mix evenly
Transfer to a serving plate
Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment