Monday, July 11, 2016

Paal Ice Cream / Milk Ice / Milk Popsicle


Hai friends, this is my first popsicle post in my blog... How many of you had tasted paal ice? for those who doesnot know paal ice, it is like milk kulfi and during summer, so many of the street vendors selling paal ice in small carts and they come to every street and every home to sell popsicle (iceeee iceeee) with a heavy sound.. All the kids would run with small tumbler or plate and get their portion of icecream... Once I grew up I stay away from paal ice for a long..


Kids always go for the special ones.. Sometimes they even buy two per head, having icecream in both hands and it is just a visual treat to look at kids licking both at the same time.. When I decided to try it at home, I went through so many recipes.. But most of the recipes used condensed milk to became rich and creamier.. But I wanted to recreate the original paal ice, here I don't use condensed milk...  



So I attempted paal ice with milk powder and milk , I sould say we were pretty amazed by the results.. So I hope that you must try this recipe and let me know how it's turn sot from you..

Prepartion Time : 8 hours
Cooking Time : 10 to 15 mins
Makes - 3 to 4 popsicles
Recipe source - Sharmis Passions
Recipe category - Popsicles

INGREDIENTS :

Milk - 2 cup
Corn flour - 2 tspn
Milk powder - 2 tspn
Water - 2 to 3 tspn
Cardamom powder -1/4 tspn
Sugar - 3 to 4 tbspn

METHOD :

  • Take milk in a sauce pan and boil it..
  • Mean while in a bowl add corn flour and milk powder with little water to make a smooth paste..
  • Boil milk in simmer, let it simmer add cornflour milk powder mixture and sugar, keep stirring..
  • Add in cardamom powder and stir well.
  • At the stage it will became creamy but no too thick as custard..
  • Now switch off and cool down completely.
  • Once it cool down, pour it into popsicle mould..or in ice cubs moulds..
  • Close it with lid and freeze it for 8 hrs or over night..
  • On the next day take it out and show the outer surface in running water..
  • Carefully pull out the popsicles..
  • Serve immediately..
  • Enjoy...


PICTORIAL :



Take all the ingredients
Take corn flour and milk powder in a bowl
Add some water
Make it a smooth paste
Take milk in  a sauce pan
Boil it
Put boil milk in simmer, let it simmer 
Give it a mix
Add in corn milk mixture
Stir well
Add in sugar
Add in cardamom powder
Mix well
Keep strring
Till it became creamy
Allow to cool down
Now take your moulds
I use my two popsicles and ice cubs tray
Pour it into popsicle mould and in ice cubs moulds
 Freeze it for 8 hrs or over night
Show the outer surface in running water..
Carefully pull out the popsicles
Looks yummy.. (kids love it)
Enjoy..

No comments:

Post a Comment