Thursday, August 11, 2016

Arisi Vella Puttu Amthu / Vellam Puttu


Arisi Vella Puttu Amuthu is nothing but vellam puttu or rice flour sweetened using jaggery.. A tradional neivethiyam recipe offer to god Murugan in Tiruchendur (One of the Aarupadai veedu of lord murugan).. Here I am using Homemade Rice flour so that you can use it directly and mixed with powdered jaggery.. Or you can use good quality store brought rice flour.. 


When we trip to tiruchendur on last month, there we plan to spend few times on the seashore after darshan.... When we entre into the temple it was very peaceful and we finished darshan / Pooja of Lord Murugan, brought this vellam puttu as a prasadam from famous neivethiyam shop infront of the temple... and went to sea shore, my kids enjoyed this puttu well and finished it within 1/2 hour... So that I plan to make this for my kids especially shambhavi.. So I learnt how to make this from my aunt and planned it for this friday.. 


So I hope that you must try thie recipe and let me know it's turns out from you..


Preparation Time : 30 mins
Makes - 2 cups 
Recipe Cuisine - South Indain
Recipe Source - My aunt
Recipe Category - Traditional Recipe..

INGREDIENTS :

Homemade Rice flour - 1 1/2 Cup
Jaggery / Vellam - 1/2 cup grated (but I added 3/4 cup )
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tspn

METHOD :

  • Take Homemade rice flour in a blender..
  • Add in grated Jaggery and cardamom powder..
  • Adjust the sweet according to your sweetness..
  • Pulse it two to three times..
  • Now all are mix well check the sugar level and transfer them to a bowl..
  • Offer to god and serve..
  • Enjoy...


PICTORIAL :


Take all your ingredients
Take a cup of homemade rice flour
Add in powdered jaggery
I add little extra according to your taste
Add in cardamom powder
Pulse it three times
Now it's done
It's done
Transfer them to a plate
Enjoy..

1 comment:

  1. super.. indeed its a traditional prasadam offer to lord Murugan in Tiruchendur

    ReplyDelete