I was looking for a perfect restaurant style ghee rice recipe for a long time.. finally I got this recipe form my friend.. It is very simple and easiest rice recipe.. It is very popular and cook very quickly.. The rice is cooked along with whole spices and clarified butter, make perfect hot fluffy and smooth flavourful rice..
Simple aromatic rice is plated and sprinkle with fried onions, cashew and dry grapes make the dish more fragrant while they serve.. There are many variation of ghee rice but this recipe works good for me.. This is a simpe south indian rice recipe and goes well with any veg or non - veg gravies..
So I hope that you must try this recipe and let me know how it's turns out from you..
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time : 30 mins
Soaking Time : 20 to 25 mins
Serve - 4 to 5
Recipe Cuisine - South Indian
Recipe Category - Main
Basmati rice - 1 cup
Ghee / Clarified butter - 2 tbspn
Cinnamon stick - 1
Bayleaf - 2
Clove - 3 nos
Cardamom - 3 nos
Onion - 1 (sliced)
Green chilli - 3 to 4 (slit)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbspn
Coriander leaves - few (chopped)
Milk - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 cup
Salt - as needed
TO GARNISH :
Ghee / Clarified butter - 3 tbspn
Cashew nuts - 15 nos
Raisins / Kishmish - 15 nos
Onion - 1 big sized (sliced finely)
- Soak the rice for 20 to 25 mim, Drain it and keep aside
- Heat a pressure cooker add in 3 tbspn of ghee and allow to melts.
- Once it hot reduce the flame and add in cashew, raisins and saute it for a min and remove it to a plate..
- In the same pan add in finely sliced onion and saute well, till they are caramelized, it would take around 10 to 12 mins..
- Remove the onions and keep aside.
- In the same pressure cooker add 2 tbspn of ghee and allow to melts.
- Then add in whole spices and allow to splutter..
- Add in sliced onion and saute it for a min..
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Once they are toss well, add in chillies and mix well
- Now add in drained rice and chopped coriander leaves..
- Now toss well in ghee for 4 to 5 mins or till the water evaporate..
- Add in milk, water and salt, give it a mix and pressure cook it for 2 to 3 whistle.
- Once thay done and open the lid, mix well and remove it to a plate..
- Garnish with caramelized onion, cashew, raisins and serve hot..
- Serve with chicken curry or paneer masala..
Heat a cooker with ghee
Add in cashew
Saute well till golden
Add in raisins
Till golden, now it almost done
Remove it to a plate
Add in sliced onion
Keep tossing (it will take 10 to 12 mins in low flame)
Now it changes it colour
Remove it to a plateTake all your ingredients
In the same pan add in ghee
Add in whole spices and allow to splutter
Add in sliced onion
Add in ginger garlic paste
Add in green chillies
Mix it well for 2 minsDrain the rice
Add to the cooker
Add in coriander leaves
Mix it well along with the onion
Till the water evaporate
Add in milk
Add in water
Add in some salt
Give a good mix
Pressure cook it for 2 to 3 whistle
Fluffy it well
Transfer them to a plateGarnish it with onion and nuts