Today We learn how to make a soft and fluffy chapathi.. It is one of the most important basic needs of the indian cooking.. Chapathis is a flat bread made with whole wheat flour.. While we cook the food the important for us to know the correct method of perparation of the food..
FEW TIPS TO MAKE SOFT CHAPTHIES :
- Use enough water (i use warm water) to make soft and pliable dough..
- Too hard tight dough will make it difficult to roll.. and chapathi will be hard.
- You can prepare the dough in correct form..
- Resting dough for 20 - 30 mins to make a soft chapathi.
- Knead the dough well with your knuckles before making balls..
- Keep the prepared balls covered till your ready to roll them..
- While rolling the circles, remember to roll the side thinner than the centre..
- This helps in puffing up the chapathi while cooking..
- Maintain the heat medium, where your chapathi to puffs up and get light brown spots..
- Too heat will cook the chapathi too quick and burn the chapathi.
Once you practice and get the hold of it, making phulka on direct flame that is breeze... Soon I posting that how to make phulka in direct flame.. Keep watching.. So I hope that you must try this simple easy steps to make a soft and fluffy chapathis and let me know how it's turns out from you...
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Resting Time : 30 mins
Cooking Time : 2 mins for making one chapthi..
Recipe Cuisine - Indian
Recipe Category - Basic Recipe..
Whole wheat flour / Atta - 1 cup
Ghee or oil - 1 tbspn
Warm water - 1/4 cup (adjust it)
Salt - 1 tspn
Ghee or oil - for brushing on the top..
- Take flour in a wide bowl and add in oil (i use ghee), salt..
- Rub it with your hands..
- Now slowly add in warm water and try tomake a soft and non sticky dough..
- Knead the dough well with your knuckles atleast for 5 mins..
- When it's done cover it and let it rest for 30 mins..
- After 30 mins the dough became very soft and smooth texture..
- Now make a golf size balls out of the prepared dough and keep it in a plate..
- Roll the ball without any cracks..
- Dust the flour in a rolling board and roll the ball into uniform thin circle..
- Heat a pn with high flame, once it heated turns the flame into medium..
- Place the chapathi circles in the hot tawa..
- Flip it, to cook another sides too.
- Keep rolling with cloth, you can see the small bubbles over it..
- Flip it up, press the chapathi, so it became so fluffy..
- Apply some oil over it and remove it to a plate..
- Serve hot with loved curries..
Take flour in a wide bowl
Add in ghee or oil
Add in salt
Rub it well with your hands
Pour the warm water over it
Mix it lightly
Knead it with your hands for 5 mins
Now the soft dough is ready
Cover it with a bowl and let it rest for 30 mins
After 30 mins, again knead it for 5 mins
So it became soft and smooth
Now make golf size ball out the dough
Make all the balls
Take one ball and roll it in dough
Place it on the rolling board
Make it athin circles
Now place on the hot tawa
Reduce the heat to medium
Flip it up
When you see the black spot, roll it with the cloth
Press the chapathi till they puffs
Flip over, See how they looks
Apply some oil
Remove it to a plate
Done, serve hot
Delicious with your curries