By compulsion of the one who served, i happened to taste the kola urundai... To my suprise i has 3 pieces and my son was suprised to see me eating mutton kola urundai.. The ball didn't have a drop of oil in it.. Though it was deep fries..Just felt love with the kumar mess kola urundai... Icome home but still cannot forget the taste..
Just stick on the ingredients.. Don't do any changes.. Do as i did.. and strictly followed her blog recipe...So i hope that you must try this recipe and let me know how it's turns out from you...
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 25 mins
Makes - 10 balls
Recipe source : Solai Achi..
Boneless Mutton - 150 grams
Dry chilli - 2 nos
Roasted gram / Pottu Kadalai - 1 tbsp
Cashew - 5 nos
Fennel seeds - 1 tspn
Grated coconut - 2 tbspn
Shallots / Small onion - 7 to 8 nos
Chilli paste - 1 tspn (optional)
Garlic - 6 nos
Ginger - 2 tspn
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon sticks - 1
Cloves - 2
Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves - few (chopped)
Egg - 1
Salt - as needed
Oil for frying..
- Keep all ingredients ready.. the correct quality of the ingredints should be used..
- In a pan add oil, temper it with cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, fennel seeds, curry leaves..
- Then add in ginger, garlic, shallots and saute well.
- Now add in coconut, cashew, chilli, saute it for 2 mins
- (Usuallu in the original chettinad recipe they don't saute the mutton, they add it raw)
- But i wants the mutton cooked well, so i sauted it...
- In a kadai add some oil and fry the mutton till 1/2 cooked.
- Cool the mutton completely...
- In a blender add all roasted items except mutton..
- Grind it don't add water at any stage..
- Then add in mutton, coriander leaves and salt.. (If needed add chilli paste but i don't add)
- Grind it nicely so that it became a thick dough...
- Add a whole egg to the grinded mixture and mix it well.
- Make small round smooth balls.. The ball should not be too big.. If so it will not get cooked inside..
- Heat the oil in medum flame.. drop the mutton balls one by one and fry it..
- I fry this little bit darker, you acn fry it brown colcour...
- Now drain them in a tissue paper..
- Serve them hot...
Take your ingredients
Take roasted items
Heat a kadai with oil and add in all roasted items..
Few curry leaves
Toss it for 2 mins, let it be cool
Now take minced mutton, Pulse it in the blender
In the same kadai, add some oil
Saute for 5 mins
When it's 1/2 cooked, let be cool
Add roasted items in a blender
Little bit of salt
Grind it, add in mutton
Again grind it
Transfer it to a bowl and add in coriander leaves
Add in whole egg
Now it's time to mix
Mix it evenly
Make it a medium size ball
Drop it carefully into the hot oil
Let's it fry
Fry for 5 min low flame
Now it's fully fry
Drain it tissue paper