Friday, July 24, 2015

Maida Halwa / Bombay Halwa


Maida halwa or Bombay halwa is most loveable by every one... Today is a special day for me, its been 7 months since I started blogging. In these 7 months I gained lot of knowledge in blogging and come across so many amazing blogs. I got more than 30,000 pageviewers and 200 friends who are following my blog daily. I like to convey my heartfelt thanks to all my talented and wounderful fellow bloggers, friends who are supporting me with their valuable comments to achive this... 


To celebrate this special day i like to share a delicious and special sweet with all my friends. Halwa is one my favorite and hubb's too, This is a very famous sweet in my home town, usually halwa is made of whole wheat but this one is with maida and ghee. I make this sweet for special occasions and here is the method for the mouthwatering recipe.....


So Friends i hope you must give it a try and comments about the recipe how it's comes out from you....

Preparation time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 30 to 35 mins
Serve - 5
Recipe Cuisine : Bombay 

INGREDIENTS :

All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 cups
Ghee - 1 1/2 cups
Cardomom powder - 1 tspn
Orange food colour - 1/2 tspn
Water - 1 cup
Cashew - 25 grams
Pista - 25 grams

METHOD :

  • First cut the nuts into small pieces and keep aside...
  • In a mixing bowl mix maida, water and food colour, 
  • Mix well till no lumps are forms into buttermilk consistency..
  • Keep a heavy bottom wide mouth pan on the stove top with half cup of water..
  • Dissolved the sugar and let it boil till it reaches single string consistency.
  • Once the sugar reaches the consistency add in the maida mixture and stir it vigorously till it cooks.
  • Now slowly add ghee with intervals and stir it continously till the mix mixture leaves the sides..
  • Add the cardomom powder and mix well..
  • Now add in cashew and pista to the halwa..
  • And give a gentle mix and turn off the stove.
  • Grease a tray with ghee and pour the mixture on the tray and allow it to cool...
  • Cut into desired shape with knife or it can be served as such with a ladle...

PICTORIAL :



Take your ingredients
Take nuts in a chopping board
Chopped all the nuts and keep aside
Take maida in a bowl 
Add some water to make batter 
Mix well untill no lumps to formed
The mix should be in this consistency
Add some few drops of food colour
Mix well
Now it's ready
In a pan add sugar 
1/2 cup of water
Allow to boiled
Mix well
In this consistency 
Till it reaches single string consistency
Now add in maida mixture 
And mix well
Now add in small amount of ghee
And give a mix
 And also add some ghee, cardomom powder 
and mix well
Then add in chopped nuts
Mix well 
See the batter became so thick
Stir well 
When it's cooked 
Again stir continuously till the 
mix mixture leaves the sides
Let's be cooled completely
Yum yum yummy...
Grease the pan with oil
Pour the halwa in the pan and 
cut it into desired shape wih Knife...
It can be served as such with a ladle
Serve

Enjoy...

5 comments:

  1. I really wanted this to convey in your blog . Am just married a year back and a beginner of cooking. So i start cooking by seeing some receipe videos and so. But recently am getting good comments from my husband and felt the secret behind it is your clear pictured receipe in your blog. Your receipes are really simple with homemade products and tempting a person like me to cook.
    Superb.. keep going and we need more and more receipes from you.
    regards
    Mrs.Ramjee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to see your comments, and my aim is to be the recipe should simple for my pageviewers to cook. keep watching my blog and sure i post more recipes.. Thanks for ur lovely comments Ramjeemathy

      Delete