Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Cashew pound cake

 

Eggless pound cake / cashew pound cake is a simple and easy recipe is what a hubby love a lot the cake recipe is with no cream on it.. Even though it is a pound cake i did in it round cake mould for my hubby's birthday. And i have shared many cakes on my blog before, This is one of my favourite among that.. I gave him a surprise on this birthday and he really enjoyed it...


I was planning for my hubby's birthday for atleast past one week. so i wanted to give really special cake for his birthday and i wanted to make a cake without egg and cream so i decided this pound cake.



I searched all over the net and found this recipe simple and easy....So i took the recipe from my friend's blog and made this.. It was delicious... I baked the cake on his birthday and i hope you also like it.. When my hubby cut this cake on this birthday (march 21) he was very happy and suprise. I love to see these kind of suprises.. so you have to bake this cake for your loved ones birthday and enjoy the happiness they get when they sliced into it...



I used milk powder in this cake so i thought of giving it a shot because i have never used milkpowder in my baking recipes... The result is just perfect. I got the most soft, fluffy, moist cake ever take in my life.. I am sure that this recipe is going to be a keeper.



When my hubby sliced and tasted it, It was so yummy, he couldn't stop with just one slice and my happy to family members too.. This is the first my cake to my hubby on his birthday after marriage. I am sure you all will love it, so give it a shot and let me know how it turned out for you...

Preparation time : 10mins
Baking time : 40 to 45 mins
Slices : 10 pieces
Recipe source : Aarthi

INGREDIENTS :

All porpose flour / maida - 1 3/4 cup / 200 grams
Sugar - 3/4 cup / 150 grams
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Unsalted butter - 100 grams (milkymist butter)
Mlik powder - 3/4 cup / 100 grams
Thick yogurt - 1/2 cup / 120 ml
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Water - 1/2 cup / 120 ml
Milk - 1/2 cup / 120 ml
Roasted cashew - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Pista - very few chopped

(My cup measure ment 200 ml)


METHOD :

  • Preheat oven to 160 degree c. Take a round cake pan and butter it well, sprinkle with flour and coat an all sides. Tap over excess flour and set aside.
  • Then chopped cashew and pista and keep aside.
  • Take milk, water, curd in a jug and mix well.
  • Take flour, milk powder, baking soda, baking powder in a sifter and sieve well. set aside.
  • Now take butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and use a electric beater and beat till creamy.
  • Add in half of the flour mix, and all the milk mix and fold gently. 
  • Now add remaining flour and fold gently. Pour this entair batter in a cake pan and sprinkled some cashew and pista on the tops.
  • Bake this in preheated oven for 40 mins. 
  • Remove from the oven insert a tooth pic to check wheather the cake is done or not and let it cool for 15 mins. 
  • And open the cake tin and cool. 
  • Now slice and serve.....



PICTORIAL :



Take ur ingredients
Ready your cake pan
Chopped cashew and pista
Start by mixing up all wet ingredients
Take milk along with thick yogurt
Add in water
Mix well and set aside
Take flour in a sifter
Add in baking powder
Bahing soda
Add in milk powder
Sieve it well
Take butter and sugar in a bowl
Add in your vanilla
Use electric beater to cream this well
Cream till it is fluffy
Add in half of the flour mix
Add in all wet ingredients
Again beat with electric beater
Add in remaining of flour mix
Fold gently
Pour the batter in the prepared pan
Sprinkle chopped cashew and pista over the top
Place it on the oven
Remove from the pan 
Baked to perfection
Let it cool, then cut it into thick slices
I celebrate this with my hubby
Enjoy...


1 comment: