Friday, June 19, 2015

Tomato Rice


My son love love this Tomato Rice a lot and became a big fan of this rice... Initially I never got it right consistency when I tried to make. Either I over cook the rice or the tomato paste to be mixed with rice properly... I saw my friend blog how to make a perfect tomato rice.. I follow the procedure as per her method and correct consisteny to add rice, so now a days I make tasty tomato rice.



Once I made this tomato rice, my son like this recipe and asked to make it the same way other day too. I felt really happy for the first time.. Here I use less spices powder, but you can adjust as per your wish.. Fried garlic in oil make the rice more flavourful and aromatic..



Tomato Rice is going to my lunch box idea. So try this and let me know how it turned out for you...

Preparation time : 15 mins
Soaking time : 15 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
Serve - 4

INGREDINTS :

Basmati rice - 2 cups
Oil - 3 tbspn
Garlic cloves - 10 nos
Tomato - 4 (chopped)
Onion - 2 (sliced)
Green chilli - 4 (sliced)
Chilli powder - 1 tspn
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tspn
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tspn
Cinnamon sticks - 2 
Cloves / krambu - 2
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tspn
Coriander leaves - few (chopped)
Curry leaves - few
Salt - 1 tbspn
Sugar - 1 tbspn

METHOD :

  • Start by cooking rice, wash rice well and soaked it for 30 mins and cook the rice.
  • Once cooked fluff the rice and let it cool down completely.
  • Heat oil in a kadai. Add in whole spices and let them sizzle.
  • Add in garlic and saute till golden.
  • Add in onions and green chillies. saute till golden.
  • Add in tomatoes, salt and sugar and curry leaves cook till it mushy. 
  • Then add in spice powders, ginger garlic paste and mix well
  • Keep cooking them, at a stage the oil will seperate from the mix.
  • Now add in the cooked rice and mix well.
  • Fry this for few mins.
  • Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with raita.


PICTORIAL :

Take your ingredints
Heat a pan with oil
Add all spices
Some garlic
Add in onion and chilli
Saute them for a while
Add tomatoes
Add some salt
Sugar
Some curry leaves
Add in some chilli powder, garam masala powder and turmeric powder
Mix well
Add a spoon of ginger garlic paste
At a stage the oil will seperate from the mix.
Add cooked rice and coriander leaves
Mix well
Done
Serve with raita
Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment