Sunday, February 8, 2015

Aatukal Paya

Feet of goat cooked into aatukal paya is an authentic dish where legs cooked into thick soup with indian spices. Paya is a type of spiced trotters which is usually match with either rice or appam. My chittappa's family where in dubai came to my home in their vacations days, at that time chitti made this paya, and my family members where really impressed with the dish so i had to prepare this for my viewers and i never thought the dish was even very good to me.



After having the dish my betterhalf enjoy the dish and wish that it is very delight to my tongue and i never forget it. Iam so happy to dedicate this dish to my lovely chitti.Try it at your home and get wishes from your family

Preparation time : 20 mins
Cooking time : 25 mins
Serve - 5 

INGREDIENTS :

Onions - 2 (chopped)
Tomatoes - 2 (chopped)
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 3 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 spn
Cumin powder -  1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Coriander leaves - few
Mint leavse - few
Coconut milk - 1 cup (thick)

FOR CLEANING :

Goat leg / aatukal - 3 to 4
Salt - 2 tsp
Warm water - 2 cup

TO TEMPER : 

Coconut oil - 4 tspn
Bay leaf - 1
Cinnamon - 2 sticks
Gram cardomom - 5
Feenel / sombu - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds /shah zeera - 1 tsp

METHOD :

  • Clean the leg by scrub it with salt, turmeric and wash it in a warm water and then cutted into small pieces.
  • In a pressure cooker add temper items one by one as mentioned in the ingredients "TO TEMPER".
  • When they crackle add chopped onions and toss it for 5 mins.
  • Now add ginger garlic paste and toss it well and then add all whole spices then again toss it well.
  • When it mix well add chopped tomatoes on it and mix it properly with the salt.
  • And then add goat leg / aatukal in to the gravy and mix it untill the masala where well absord in legs.
  • Then add coriander leaves and mint leaves and toss it well. for 5 mins
  • Atlast add thick coconut milk and whistled it for 8 to 10.
  • When cooker suppress open it out... mummm......
  • The delicious aatukal paya is ready to serve with white rice or appam.


PICTORIALS :


Thinks for cleaning
In a bowl add in turmeric
Salt
 Now pour the warm water
Legs where heat in the direct flame 
 Add goat legs / aatukal
See how its cleaned
Then cutted into pieces
Take your ingredients
Take temper items
Cut all veggies
All whole spices
Add in coconut oil
Add all spices
Allow to crackle for a min
Add in chopped onions
Toss them well in the oil
Now add ginger garlic paste
Add in all whole spices powder
Then toss them for a min
Add in choped tomatoes
Salt
Toss well the gravy became mushy
Add in cutted legs
And mix in the gravy
See
Now add coriander leaves and mint leaves
Again mix it 
Once mix add in coconut milk
Now it's ready to whistle 
Whistled it for 8 to 10
Open the cooker mum..........
Now it's ready 
 Serve
 It looks delicious
 It match with white rice
ENJOYED THIS DELICIOUS DISH

3 comments:

  1. Delicious, it looks mouth watering and I am craving to have it now. Thank you for sharing recipe, will be trying it for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this Paya I had once I was in India. I stayed at a Muslim family’s house. They treated me well and served me with Paya. It was curry of goat feet. Absolute yum it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciated perusing your articles. This is really an incredible read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am anticipating perusing new articles. Keep doing awesome! Coming my site abnout instagram webstagram

    ReplyDelete